There is free off-street parking in the Museum's lot. On busier days, the lot fills quickly. Metered parking (one or two hours) is available on many of the streets surrounding the Museum.
AT THE MUSEUM
- Museum visits usually last between two and four
- While most exhibits
be enjoyed by visitors of all ages, Littlewoods
is only for children
age 4 and under and their caregivers.
- The Museum offers daily programs. Check
the calendar to determine
which programs are of
interest and age appropriate for your child(ren).
- The Museum Admissions Desk offers a
selection of imaginative toys, souvenirs and gifts.
- All signage is in both English and Spanish.
- The Museum is fully wheelchair accessible.
- For the convenience and enjoyment of all of our visitors,
we have umbrella strollers available for use in the Museum free of
charge. We ask that you leave large strollers at home or in your
- The Museum tends to be more crowded on rainy days, school
vacation weeks and certain holidays. Feel free to call ahead to find
out if the Museum is particularly busy or if school groups will be
visiting that day. Early morning and late afternoons are generally
quieter times to visit.
- We work hard to ensure the Museum's
for all visitors. You can help too by washing your hands
frequently with soap and water and covering your coughs and
- No food, drinks or gum are permitted in exhibit areas,
coffee, sippy cups and children's snacks.
- The Museum does not have food service. You are welcome to
bring a snack or lunch to enjoy in the Museum's lunchroom or, weather
permitting, in The
Children's Garden, which has two exciting new learning environments.
There are several
nearby restaurants with children's menus. Ask at the Admissions Desk