Come play, come learn! Come VOLUNTEER!
Join Providence Children's Museum’s fun and creative team of
dedicated volunteers. Volunteers play an essential role in serving
the Museum’s mission to inspire and celebrate learning through active play and
exploration. In 2017, 346 dedicated volunteers, interns and college work-study students committed nearly 11,500 hours!
We are always looking for energetic volunteers who want to
work – and PLAY! – in a fun environment. We have opportunities for high
school and college students, adults and families. Learn more about our opportunities below and click here to submit a volunteer interest form.
- Engage children and adults in hands-on exhibits
- Play, explore and facilitate positive learning experiences
- Gain experience working with children of all ages
- Learn about child development and informal education
Play Guide candidates should have some experience working with children and be age 16 or older. Must commit to volunteer for a minimum of 3 months, and we strongly encourage longer commitments.
Family Volunteers (usually an adult/child pair) play together
in the Museum's hands-on exhibits and programs and model positive
playing for our visitors.
- Interact with other adults and children to make visitors
- Invite others to play with you and help them get involved
- Share your enthusiasm for your favorite things to do in the
- Lead or assist with the Museum's hands-on daily activities
and special programs
- Previous experience working with children required
Special Events Volunteer
- Support Museum staff at special programs and fundraising events
- Greet guests and facilitate activities
- Assist with mailings – stuff inserts and label envelopes
- Assist with database maintenance to ensure good donor relations
- Correct and update donor contact information
- Print and organize solicitation notes for Annual Campaign mailings
- Complete other tasks as needed to support the Development department
- Enter and analyze data from visitor satisfaction/marketing surveys
- Enter and update contacts for Museum mailings
- Prepare, send and track distribution of Museum passes and brochures
- Compile press clippings binder and assist with media list updates
- Assist with the Museum's ongoing social media
- Other duites as assigned
Benefits of volunteering include:
- Opportunities to interact with Museum staff
- Training and professional development
- Letter of reference or confirmation of hours
- Invitation to regular volunteer and staff events
- Discount on Museum merchandise
- Knowledge about the Museum and its programs and functions
Click here to submit a volunteer interest form or contact Volunteer@ChildrenMuseum.org or
(401) 273-5437 ext. 107. We appreciate
your interest in becoming part of the team!